Dromedary is the Best Dairy!
There are two types of camels: Dromedary (1 hump) and Bactrian (2 humps).
Dromedary camels originate from the Middle East, while bactrian camels originate from parts of Mongolia and China.
Our milk comes from dromedary camels!
- Camels have a lower environmental impact because they can survive with relatively little water and plant life for long periods of time, therefore needing less grazing area.
- Camels have sustained nomads and bedouins for over a millennia during month long desert journeys.
- Camels are some of the most adaptable creatures on the planet as they can handle freezing temperatures as well as over 100 F!
- In many cultures around the world, camels are livelihood as they provide sustainability through their milk, transportation, and a close bond.
- People living in the Middle East and North Africa have been living on camel milk for centuries.
- Camel milk has been used as a supplement to breast milk for babies.